Sunday, February 26, 2012

Boys Imke Shirt


 I purchased "Sewing Clothes Kids Love," and I am so happy I did; there are a variety of patterns to choose from.  This is the boys Imke shirt.  I cannot begin to tell you how easy this shirt is to make!  If you are making it for the first time, the hooded version is definitely easier than putting in the neckband...atleast for me.  I do not own a coverstitch machine (yet), so I purchased a twin strech needle for my Janome 6500p sewing machine.  For the bulk of the sewing, I used my serger.  You need wooly nylon in your upper and lower loopers to give your fabric the needed stretch.  My first try I did not and believe me, it makes a difference!  I also used wooly nylon in my bobbin for my hem stitching.  This is one of the quickest sewing projects I have ever made.  My son is extremely happy with it and wants as many as I can make.  This shirt was made from jersey knit fabric that I purchased thru Fabric.com (love this place!!).   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!