Thursday, March 22, 2012

Refashioned skirt

Yesterday I decided to make myself the A version of Butterick 5456.  I bought some beautiful fabric in anticipation of this cute and fun sundress--Karavan with the beautiful pink elephants with a matching pink knit for the bodice.  The dress went together fairly easy, and I did use my serger for most of the sewing.  After basting the skirt bottom to the bodice, I tried it on to see how it looked.  I found the top to be rather "boxy" looking, with noticeably large armhole areas.  Unfortunately the front view of the pattern envelope does not show this.  I decided to scrap my dress and make a skirt for one of my girls instead since I was unhappy with this dress style on me.  It is beautiful fabric, and hopefully one day, I will find the right dress pattern to use the fabric again for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!