Friday, March 2, 2012

Pink Fig's NieNie Skirt Pattern

This is a fun little skirt to make!  This Pink Fig pattern is simply made with strips of fabric.  There are 6 ruffles in all.  What I love about this skirt is how the ruffles lay on top of one another making the skirt very full and fun to twirl in.  There is a lot of gathering in this project.  I did use my ruffler foot, which saved a lot of time.  I ruffled each strip set on every 6th stitch, sewing the ends together afterwards, and then running a gathering stitch after that.  I tried it with and without the ruffler foot.  After using the ruffler foot, you only have to gather it slightly.  I purchased coordinating quilt fabric thru Joanns.com.  Quilt fabric does make the skirt pretty heavy, but is perfect for winter wear.  I think it would be fun to make this in a variety of batiste fabrics for the summer!

3 comments:

  1. Hi there, I love the look of this skirt and know my girl would adore twirling in it. I don' have a ruffled foot. How hard would this be to make without? Cheers, suzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzie, you do not need a ruffling foot to do this! It just cut some time down for me since I was making two. Just do two rows of basting stitches at the longest length. My machine goes to 5.0. It will still be quite easy.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for that. I might go and check out the postage to New Zealand.
      cheers,
      Suzie.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!