Sunday, March 4, 2012

Serena's Stuffed Toy Fish

video



This is my daughter Serena making her very own stuffed fish toy.  About a month ago I taught my girls to sew on a sewing machine.  After that, my girls have been sewing up a storm.  Recently, Serena drafted her very own sewing pattern of a fish.  All by herself, she pinned the pattern on fabric (Lila Tueller), cut it out, sewed the pieces together, turned them with a turning tool, and stuffed them.  With a little help from me to attach the pieces with needle and thread, project stuffed fish was complete.  It's never too early to teach your children to sew; my girls are 8.  I have been sewing for years with them by my side.  Within minutes they were sewing on their own. 

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this!! What a cute idea, and what a creative little mind! I'm so happy to be a part of it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and when they make their projects, they have already learned to go for the best of the best fabrics! I have to hide anything I want for myself. LOL

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!