Sunday, April 22, 2012

Favorite Things "Smarty Pants" pattern



Here are my bermuda shorts made from Favorite Things "Smarty Pants" pattern.  I used a striped seersucker fabric.  I love seersucker, but I'm still on the fence of whether or not I like it on me for shorts.  However, I already had it in my stash (for a very long time) and it was a good way for me to find out if this pattern would work.  The pockets gave me a small challenge initially.  I have sewn pockets before but not like these.  I had to slow down and really read the instructions, refer to the pattern illustration, and finally just jump in there and sew it together.  Normally I can visualize how things go together, but like I said, this style of pocket was all new to me.  They turned out beautifully, and once you figure them out, they are quite simple.  I wasn't sure about the length of elastic to put in the back waist panel and got it a little too loose, so I need to fix that.  This is a great pattern and I will definitely be making more shorts for the summer.  I highly recommend.

2 comments:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!