Monday, June 11, 2012

Girls ruffled jersey knit skirt

 
Tutorial here

With an adult size small tank top, nine 3" strips of gathered jersey knit, and a yoga-style waistband, I was able to create this cute little skirt for my daughter! 

My daughter prefers soft and comfy clothes, so I have been on a mission to make things that she'll want to wear.  I will definitely be making more of these for my girls and one for myself.  If anyone would care to see a tutorial on this, please let me know and I will post one to my blog when I make another skirt!

I purchased this jersey knit thru Fabric.com while it was on sale.  It took less than a combined total of 1 yard to make this skirt. 

Thanks for stopping by!  --Shirley

3 comments:

  1. I would love to see the tutorial. I have four nieces who would look so (sew!) cute in these. I'd like to make a Christmas theme skirt for each of them now, as I have to ship everything early.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I just wanted to let you know that I updated my blog with a tutorial. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi there! Making four little skirts with a Christmas theme sounds fun! I will definitely come up with a tutorial now for this skirt. It might take me a couple of weeks, but you'll be able to get them done in no time at all. I have a couple of promised shirts for my son before school starts that I have to get done first.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!