Sunday, July 1, 2012

Burda Style Layered Lace Dress 06/2012 #116B

This is my version of the Burda Style Layered Lace dress.  This is my first Burda Style pattern.  I really liked the looks of this dress on the model and how lacy and delicate it appeared; I just had to have it! 

It is made with a batiste underdress with a gathered chiffon skirt that is attached.  The top layer is made from scalloped white lace trimmed in chiffon.  Surprisingly, the lace and chiffon were quite easy to sew.  I had a little difficulty interpreting the pattern instructions, but after beginning assembly of the pattern pieces, I was able to understand more clearly how to put it together.  I wish I hadn't shortened it so much.  I ended up having to take up the shoulder seam a little afterwards; it just felt like it was going to slip off my shoulders, leaving it now about an inch shorter.   Oh well.  Now I have experience sewing lace and chiffon.  

I made this in the European size 38.  Even though my measurements indicated this size, I think there is enough ease in this dress where I could have made it in a 36 and been happier with the fit.  All fabrics were purchased from Fabric.com.

2 comments:

  1. Your dress is so pretty! I have been looking at this pattern. Thanks for the great info.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!