Sunday, July 29, 2012

DIY Light Table for Tracing Patterns


I wanted to share my home made light table with my readers.  My husband built this for me last year; I love the size of it.  As you can see below, it is large enough to accommodate a fairly large pattern piece.  With a small amount of wood and a couple purchased lights, he was able to put this together in a very small amount of time.  We had a picture frame that was in pretty bad shape that we were no longer using; however, the glass in it was in perfect condition.  It's a little heavy, so I don't take it far.  When storing, I leave it standing up and put it on the side of one of my sewing tables.  I hope this helps give some of you an alternative to laying out some big bucks for a tracing table. 


2 comments:

  1. I'm showing this to my husband. This looks great. We have a glass top dining room table that I use as a light table sometimes. I just put a desk light underneath. But it's not as bright as I would like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using this Liza, especially since it didn't cost a bundle like the ones in stores. A trip to Home Depot or Lowes and it comes together very cheaply!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!