Friday, July 6, 2012

McCall's 6099 (boy's shirt pattern)



Here is a shirt I made for my son; the fabric is "Timeless Treasures" Antique Paris pictures.  It is difficult to find patterns for boys and equally as challenging to find fabrics once you get beyond the superhero, dinosaur, tools or tractors stage! 

My son wears RTW size boys large, and the large size for this pattern worked well.  However, I did lengthen the pattern an additional inch from the Xlg size option.  I hemmed the sleeves and bottom of the shirt using my coverstitch machine.  I also reused buttons from a previous shirt I had made for him, which is now too small. Fabric was purchased from Fabric.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!