Monday, July 23, 2012

Modkid Swim Cover-up


I LOVE Patty Young's "Sewing Modkid Style" book.  Patty is the "Queen" of children's knit patterns.  Can her patterns and techniques be any easier?  I don't think so!  If you have little girls to sew for, you would enjoy this book.  I just love looking thru it; it is lovely from cover to cover.  


This little dress is so cute!  It only took me a couple hours of sewing to make this.  This outfit sews up exactly as pictured in the book.  I already have another one in turqoise cut out to sew for my other daughter.    


I love the kangaroo pocket on the front.  What a fun dress to make!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Cindy! My daughter loved wearing it all day yesterday. I'm still excited how nice it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! My 7 year old would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth, you should definitely give this one a try then! It's becoming my daughter's "house" dress. LOL That tells me it is super comfy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!