Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sundress McCall's 6554


Here is my new sundress! I absolutely love this pattern. For starters, I traced the bodice onto tissue paper and began working on my full bust adjustment. I referred to "Fit For Real People" upon doing so. If you don't already have this book, I highly recommend it. I am only beginning to understand pattern alteration, but I think a good place to start is with the FBA and go from there...at least that is what I'm doing!  I'm pretty happy with the results.  I made this in a pattern size 12.



I really like the pleat detail on the front of this dress, as well as the tie.  The tie is not sewn to the dress.

This pattern calls for installation of an invisible zipper.  If you have an invisible zipper foot for your machine, this makes it a breeze to do.  I didn't baste my zipper this time; I found that just pinning was sufficient. 



Fabric purchased from a yard sale--thank you Aunt Nancy!!  This fabric is so similar to the fabric on the pattern--lucky me!!

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty print and dress! You did such a great job! Love your blog! You are very talented! You will have to come in the store on Monday! We are having a huge Back to sale on a lot of our fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tawny! My blog is still a work in progress...still working on my tabs up above. :) A love to sew! Now with school starting, I'll be making even more clothes for my kids. I can't wait to switch over to winter sewing now even though it was nearly a 100 the other day. LOL

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous! You look great in it!!! :)
    Thank you for the comment on my blog!
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rita! It's so much fun to see what everyone else is making; it really inspires me to just keep on sewing. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!