Saturday, August 11, 2012

Convert your Barbie Camper to a Monster High Camper


Chances are if you have or know any young girls, they LOVE Monster High dolls--mine do!  As a result, their pink Barbie campers just sat in the corner neglected.  That is until my creative-thinking daughters had a marvelous idea...convert their campers over to the Monster High theme.  As soon as they shared this idea with their Dad, he immediately went to work on dismantling their campers, making sure to keep all wires intact.  What good is a toy toilet if it doesn't flush, right?  Here are are a series of pictures showing how the transformation took place.  What do you think?



take it all a part
red windows
inside and out

 paint with primer first


now the black paint




 

all back together!

complete with new canopy for pop-out patio!

I took a part the pink canopy and used it as a pattern for this one-- white chiffon, black tulle, and red ribbon.

This is just one of two.  The other camper will be identical with the exception of a different canopy.  My girls typically like things the same, but there will always be atleast one detail that makes it all their own.  I will post a picture of the completed second camper once finished.

8/26/12 Update***  Here are pictures of the 2nd camper renovation :)
 

 dark purple toilet

5 comments:

  1. That is just TOO fantastic! My one daughter is a little too old for Monster High, but I'm tempted to buy one or two for myself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! I think I'm just as excited about it as my girls are. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! Your kids better remember that when they grow up! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer. They still love playing with these! They got bored with them when they were just the pink Barbie campers. I'm so glad they play with them so much now since my husband put a lot of work into them!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!