Saturday, September 1, 2012

Jalie Jeans 2908




Here is my first try with the Jalie Jean 2908 pattern--I love it!!  Have you ever seen the Jalie stretch denim jean pattern?  This pattern starts at a girls size 2 and goes up to a women's size 22.  These jeans have fantastic reviews online, so I gave them a try.  I am anxious to now make a pair for myself.  The pattern is printed on heavy white paper and is very easy to trace.  I love how every instruction has a picture diagram illustration.  If you don't understand the written part, you will surely understand the picture.


Many reviews that I read online suggested to NOT cut the waistband on the bias, so I didn't.    Unfortunately this caused the waist to fit to tight.  Since I had a little extra fabric, I cut out the waistband again on the bias as per the pattern instructions.  I had completely finished the jeans, so I had to take apart the waistband--so much fun...not!  I had to pick out 2 lines of top stitching, as well as the stitching that connected the waistband to the pant.  However,  I'm so glad I took the time to do this because it fits perfectly now.  In reviews I read, which were all for adult-sized jeans, people said that their waistband was too big cutting it on the bias.  Maybe.  All I can say is for the child size, I would do as the pattern indicates.  I'll probably keep to the pattern when I make mine and I'll let you know what happens.





Rivets are pretty easy to put on.  Who knew making jeans could be so easy and so much fun!  I purchased this distressed denim thru Fabric.com.  There is a type of black fabric that is on the backside of the holes--pretty distressed huh? LOL 
  

15 comments:

  1. You did a super job Shirley! The jeans look like you bought them at the Gap! I am inspired to try these myself...I love the back pockets too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Justine, I have seen so many of these jeans online by others and almost everyone has had fantastic results. I have gotten to the point where I just hate having to shop for jeans. I never find any that fit me anymore. One size will be too tight and the next size up swallows me--what the heck? If mine turn out as well as my daughters, I will always make my jeans!

      Delete
  2. Beautifully made... and that is fabric that I have never seen but how great it looks made up as jeans. lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lydia! I was actually a little apprehensive about the fabric. It's sometimes so hard when you buy fabric online. A little bit of a surprise? LOL The result was good though, thank goodness!

      Delete
  3. The jeans look great. Jeans are one thing I've never made for our kids or myself. I may just have to get that pattern and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try this pattern! I didn't have to make any alteration at all. We'll see if that holds true for me. LOL I am astounded at how easy these were to make. The zipper fly had me a little anxious, but I took it slow and did like the pattern said, and it worked out perfectly. Rarely does that happen. All the Jalie patterns have such high praise. I'm ready to try them all now!

      Delete
  4. These look fantastic. I actually have some of that same distressed denim and I've been wanting to make myself a pair of jeans with Jalie 2908. Lol! Your daughter and I would be twins! I'm looking forward to seeing yours. I'm going to give jeans a go one day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is funny you have the same denim! I can't wait to make mine, but also nervous. I'm on such a good roll of things turning out lately for my kids, I don't want that to end with me. LOL I've read where adults have to make some kind of adjustment in the waist. If I do, I hope that turns out. I think I understand how people have made the little darts...we'll see.

      Delete
  5. Very impressive making jeans that look so professionally made!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, I'm still in awe over this pattern! It couldn't be easier but has the best results.

      Delete
  6. Hi Shirley, I've featured your Jalie jeans today...
    http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/10/threading-your-way-features_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. The jeans look great and fit perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy! I'm getting ready to make her 3rd pair and my 2nd now. This is such an amazing pattern.

      Delete