Thursday, September 20, 2012

Jalie Top 2682

What a great little wardrobe builder the Jalie 2682 top is!  I made this in size K for my daughter, which only takes 1 yard of fabric--what an inexpensive top this is to make!  I tried to match up the stripes the best I could by placing them at the same color stripes at corresponding notches in the pattern.  The front bodice pattern piece is cut twice, which makes up the right side and left side of the top front.  This is the only place where the stripes were completely off...go figure.  I will watch for this a little more closely on the next one I make.  
 
 
I assembled this top using my sewing machine, serger, and coverstitch machine.

 
As soon as I made this top, my daughter paired this with her Crafty Mamas funky pant I had already made her.  It feels really good to make an entire outfit that will be regularly worn. 
 
I purchased the knit fabric from Girl Charlee, which is becoming my shopping destination for knits.  They have the best variety for the best prices.  Everything I have bought from them is such a good quality knit!
 
I'm becoming a huge fan of the Jalie pattern company.  This pattern is from a size 2 to 22.  There is a sleeveless option, as well as a zippered top option.  I'm anxious to make this in a fleece with zipper for winter. 
 
Here is one I made for my other daughter today (9/20/12)  This one is a size L.  In this size, it dropped the v-neck a little lower on her, so she wore it with a tank top underneath.  Next time I will bring the v-neck up an inch so she can wear it without the extra shirt.  Still, it looks great layered.
 
 
 Both fabrics are a knit, but look how different the top looks with just a change in print! 


6 comments:

  1. I love this top, in fact I want one. Your daughter is so lucky. That fabric is fantastic.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ali! You should definitely get the pattern and make you one. It is not a difficult pattern at all. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! You'll see me wearing one eventually; I just ordered a couple of yards to make one for myself. I like making a smaller version first so if I mess it up, it's only 1 yard instead of 2. hahaha

      Delete
  3. I am a fan of stripes :) Nice tops. So nice of you to stop by my blog today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stripes are fun aren't they! Seems like there are so many wonderful striped prints right now to select from.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!