Thursday, October 4, 2012

Jalie 2682

Here's my Jalie 2682!



I really like this shirt.  I have already made this for each of my girls, and it is a quick and easy project.  I did add 1/2 inch to the bodice front and back to lengthen where the seamline would be.  I needed a little extra length there.

I purchased this fabric from Girl Charlee fabrics.  It is a double-sided fabric, which I had never seen before.  One side is stripes and the other a coordinating solid color.  It was a little time demanding matching up the stripes on the bodice.  I put my fabric pieces right sides together, pinned them, and then flipped my fabric up to make sure my lines were together.  I did the same with the sleeves...pin and peak. :)  It took a while but well worth the results.



I love this pattern.  Jalie does a fantastic job at creating patterns that are timeless, functional, and comfortable!  I also love how their patterns come in a huge range of sizes.

12 comments:

  1. Very nice! I like the stripes and solids contrast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! What's nice about this fabric is you don't even have to make your final decision with which side you are using until assembly.

      Delete
  2. I have never seen double sided fabric either. A very flattering top! Love the contrast between the stripes and solid fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! This pattern has a very unique way of sewing the bodice together. I just love it. I think it's one of those designs where you can make several and never tire of it. It also has a sleeveless option which is great for summer.

      Delete
  3. Wow, I love that shirt! I haven't done much with knits. Did you use special needles or a serger?

    Bobi
    http://onedailymoneytip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bobi! Yes, I do use a serger, but I have read that you don't need to. You do want to use a needle for knits. Also, you want to use a thread called "wooly nylon" in your bobbin or if using a serger, in your upper and lower loopers (it stretches). It sounds a little overwhelming at first, but once you have the right needle and right thread, you can make knit clothing so quickly. I'm getting to the point where I make more with knits than I do with cotton. It's just so much faster and clothes are more comfortable. I buy my thread from Threadart.com, and it's pretty cheap. The wooly nylon comes on a bigger spool and lasts quite a while. If you have any other questions, please ask...I'd be happy to help you!

      Delete
  4. Visiting from Creative Itch. What a great versatile pattern

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by my blog! This pattern is very versatile. There is also an option for a zipper. I'll be making some out of fleece, but I may go up a size or two for those I think.

      Delete
  5. Great job! I love the striped fabric, it is a great, neutral pattern ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Justine! I just keep wanting to make clothes, but I think I need to take a break and start working on some Christmas projects. Hopefully I can swing both! LOL

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!