Friday, November 30, 2012

Jalie 2682 with zipper

Here is a quick and easy pullover top I made for my girls yesterday.  I used Jalie 2682 pattern, zipper at front neckline option.  This fleece fabric is a little hard to work with on my serger, so I made these using my sewing machine.  



I made one with a black zipper and one with a red zipper so my girls would be able to quickly see which one was theirs.  I actually bought 2 zippers of each color because I wasn't sure which would look best since I bought the fabric online thru Joanns Fabrics.  As it turned out, both looked great.


complete with candy cane ;)


My girls are wearing their tops with purchased winter pants from Old Navy.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Clever to use different coloured zips for each girl, Shirley! Both colours suit the fun fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! It's hard to be able to keep clothing separated without having to mark in it somewhere. I got lucky with the zippers being different colors!

      Delete
  2. CUTE!!! I want a penguin fleece now too! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I have a yard left and I'm wondering if I can cut one more out for myself...very tempting if I didn't have so many other projects in my sewing que! lol

      Delete
  3. This is super cute! I can see my girl liking this. I have the pattern, but haven't made it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I have some fleece to make me one, but I'm on the fence whether to do a FBA or just lengthen the top bodice piece a little. That seam line for the women's top is just a little too high. I made a shirt from it, which I really like, but I still find myself tugging a little at it every time I wear it.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!