Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Ottobre "Timeless and Cozy"

Have you seen the women's Ottobre 5/2012 magazine?  Love it!  I think I want everything in it, so I started with #3, Timeless and Cozy.  It definitely is!  I bought this fabric a while back from Fabric.com.  It has quite a bit of stretch to it.  Originally I had planned on making a wrap dress, but had second thoughts about my fabric choice.  I'm glad I tucked it away because I am really happy with my pattern choice.  I think a busy print always looks nice with a simple design.  I don't remember what type of knit this is, but it is buttery soft and has such a nice drape to it.



I purchased this scarf a few weeks ago, and I love how well it matches the fabric.  


I used a plain brown knit for the neckband, as well as the hemband.  I made this in a size 38.  I really debated on whether to make a 40 or not.  My bust measurement fell between the 38 and the 40, but my hip measurement was definitely a size 38.  I'm happy with the fit.  The sleeves feel a little snug on my arms, but not too tight or uncomfortable in any way.  In another type of fabric, I will probably adjust the sleeve width only.



Thanks for stopping by!



13 comments:

  1. It's very cute! I like your fabric a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I like the fabric too, but it was a little slippery to work with.

      Delete
  2. Very nice! It really does look great with that scarf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liza; red is one of my favorite colors to wear!

      Delete
  3. Cute Shirley Ann! I love your red hair. You look like Anne Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Justine! And here I was thinking time to color again. My grandfather had red hair, so I guess the red just wants to come thru no matter what I do. Depending on the photo, it looks red or auburn...and a little grey. lol

      Delete
  4. Your dress hangs beautifully, Shirley!!! Good choice of fabric. Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley, I've featured your dress today...
      http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/12/threading-your-way-features.html

      Delete
    2. I'm running over to your blog right now!! Thank you Pam!! I'm still excited over this dress turning out so well. You know, finding the right fit, right pattern, and right fabric, and having them all work well together is such a wonderful surprise...on the first try! lol

      Delete
  5. I have this dress cut out in an olive green knit. I thought I could throw a scarf on and call it Christmas! I am going to start it now for sure after seeing yours. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sewing momma! I can't wait to see yours! You are really going to like wearing it; it is so comfortable and such a nice fit!

      Delete
  6. I love your dress and yes I think your right about the pattern. It looks beautiful and so does the scarf. Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop. This weeks party starts at 12:01AM on Wednesday. Have a great week.
    Debi, Joye and Myrna (The Busy Bee's), Linda (Two Succulent Sisters)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debi! See you again on Wednesday! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!