Friday, December 14, 2012

Blogger Award



I got Blogger Award today from Claire at SA Curve!  Claire, you put a huge smile on my face.  I just love Claire's blog.  She is such a talented seamstress!  Now it is my turn to share some of my favorite bloggers with you!

My nominees are Claire at SA Curve for starters.  I just had to bounce this right back to you Claire because I am always looking forward to your newest creation, which has led to me adding patterns to my wish list.  You have brought my sewing up a notch with your neckband tutorial (check it out on Claire's site), as well as having your 3/8 inch seam allowance ruler.  Having that little tool makes adding seam allowances a breeze to my Ottobre patterns...and fun too!

Another favorite of mine is 21 Wale.  You totally saved me with your cargo pocket tutorial the other day.  I just love seeing what you make for yourself as well as your children.

Justine at Sew Country Chick is one of the first blogs I ever followed.  She is so talented. I don't think there is anything that Justine couldn't put together and she does it with such flair and style!

Liza Jane Sews is a blog you want to head over to right now if you are making or going to be making maternity clothes!  Liza, I really enjoy your blog and seeing what you are making.

Amy Stebbins is a blog I discovered through linking parties.  She is very talented and made one of the most gorgeous coats ever.  Her creations make her look like she just walked out of a fashion magazine. :)

Suzie at No Moa not only sews fantastically, but her fabric choices are spot on.  AND she even embroiders cute little things on her creations.

Thank you SA Curve for nominating me!!

 7 things about me:

1.  I am a stay-at-home mom who sews for myself and 3 children.  I hope to get up the nerve to make my husband a shirt one day--yikes!
2.  I am a Science Fiction movie/show lover.  I even went to a few Star Trek conventions...my first one in L.A. nearly 30 years ago.  SG1 is my all-time favorite SyFy series.
3.  I overcame my fear of water and learned to waterski and wakeboard.
4.  I love to go fishing but don't like to bait my own hook.
5.  I like red wine.
6.  I absolutely love being a mother and a wife.
7.  I graduated from a medical transcription course and got my RMT.  However, I loved the course much better than the actual work, so my dreams of being an MT were short lived.  I discovered I would much rather be sewing. :)

1.  Thank the person who nominated you.
2.  Add The One Lovely Blog Award/The Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post.
3.  Share 7 things about yourself.
4.  Pass the award on to 10 nominees (or a few less if you are short on time).
5.  Include this set of rules.
6.  Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blog.


5 comments:

  1. Oh, why thank you! I am so flattered! I love these blog awards because it sends me around to other blogs I haven't been to before. And I like red wine, too ;) Can't wait until I can have a glass again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liza Jane, you are amazing and I'm so glad I found your blog. I love seeing your maternity sewing. I made myself a couple of outfits when I was pregnant, but I didn't sew near as much then as I do now. I sewed only cotton then, so my maternity outfits didn't last very long!

      Delete
  2. You are so sweet! Thanks Shirley Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Shirley. I am definitely short on time (this is my last week of school and my final for journalism is due!) I am about to write a post right now. :-)
    I swear I am going to dance around my living room when this semester is O-V-E-R!!
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Shirley. I don't know what to say! You have been so supportive since I started blogging. Thank you so much. I hope Santa brings you an embroidery machine.
    Suzie.
    www.nomoa.co.nz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!