Friday, December 14, 2012

Ottobre Creative Workshop 303

This morning I finished my holiday t-shirt using Ottobre's Creative Workshop 303.  I used the "U-Neck" option.  There are 3 neckline options; O neck, V neck, or U neck.  I really like the fit.  I think it's a great length too, although next time I may add an inch.  
This is a size 38.


I used the same jersey knit fabric for the neckband that I used for the sleeves.  When preparing my neckband, I always zigzag my long edges together before attaching it to the shirt itself.  If I skip this step, sometimes I miss catching both edges.  

I lined up the deer using my back pattern piece instead of the front.  I wish I had noticed this before I cut it out.  When I lined up my front piece to match where I had cut out my back, it was then that I noticed my deer were going to be too high on the front.  So, a couple of the deer have their antlers missing.  I got the layout right for my girls.  It just goes to show you that you have to pay attention every time you lay out your fabric!  ha ha  

Thanks for stopping by!  ~Shirley

7 comments:

  1. I have nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger award and the One Lovely Blog Award! See my blog for your badge and instructions!! http://clairesews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! It turned out really cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! My girls are excited that we all have a matching shirt now. I was thinking today how I could set a new trend for us. Maybe a cute bunny print for Easter!

      Delete
  3. your shirt turned out great! I've never tried to make myself a knit shirt, but I might have to try sometime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sally! I love sewing knits now. Once I understood the whole thread and needle type, it made sewing them so much easier. Thank you for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  4. Very nice shirt Shirley. Love the pattern. Me and my mom used to make our own clothes too. It is lots of fun but can be frustrating too when the clothes doesn't fit :) now I am addicted to quilting and patchwork for now :)
    Congratulation to your blog award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hanki! I can relate to the frustration of clothing when it doesn't fit! I have been sewing for a very long time, and in the beginning years, more went into my trashcan than ever being worn by me. LOL I think that is still why I sew more for my children than myself. I love to quilt too; I'm working on my All American Ships quilt...still. I really need to devote more time to it though, but I'm always drawn to making clothes first.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!