Thursday, May 9, 2013

Jalie Scarf-Collar Top 2921


I made this top for one of my girls today; I just love how it turned out! You can't go wrong with a Jalie pattern....ever!  I like the fact that their patterns are a full range of sizes so I can make this top every year if she chooses.





What a great fit!  It's not boxy at all like some shirts can be; neither is it too tight.  I like how the stripes on the collar are going a different direction around the neck area.


Since the stripes are an inch wide, it wasn't difficult at all to match them at the seams.  I only used my serger for the shoulder, sleeves, and side seams.  Everything else has to be sewn by sewing machine.  Jalie explains how to sew knits using your sewing machine, and their method works very well.  

Jersey knit purchased from Girl Charlee fabrics.  I made my daughter's top from the remnants leftover from this dress I made for myself.  This is the Modkid Penelope dress.  I made this in a size small and it was a little snug on the hips; however, with some serious walking I have been doing, I have managed to shrink my hip measurements and wear this dress now!  Two yards of this fabric equals one dress and one top for one of my girls...can't go wrong with that!



Thanks for stopping by ~Shirley


12 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the red stripe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liza Jane! I made myself a t-shirt dress out of this fabric and I also have the same fabric in blue and white to sew up.

      Delete
  2. I really like the scarf as part of the top, Shirley. Looks great with the stripes running in different directions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam! I was curious how the stripes would look, and I'm very pleased with the outcome. You just never know with stripes. :)

      Delete
  3. It's very stylish and pretty Shirley. I'm glad to see you back at your sewing machine! I hope you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Justine. Slowly I am getting my energy back and able to sew a little more. Thank you for asking.

      Delete
  4. Oh, this is so cute on a little person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I love these Jalie patterns. I want a whole collection!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!