Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Ottobre Movimiento (tank top and tunic)

Today I made one of my girls the tunic (lengthened to be a dress) from the March 2013 Ottobre magazine.  I used the smallest size, 134, which does look to be slightly a little on the big side but room to grow into for the summer.  This is a very quick dress to make with a drawstring waist made of the same fabric.  You actually make the inside casing out of the knit fabric as well.  Instructions for this are very simple to follow and tracing the pattern was quick and easy.  I definitely recommend this pattern if you are new to tracing Ottobre sheets; there are only 2 pieces.





When I sewed the casing to the inside, I basted it on and then I used a narrow zigzag on the right side of the fabric, using my basting line as a guide.

Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley

4 comments:

  1. I really like this and the fabric is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Justine! My daughter loves it. For school I'll have her wear some white leggings underneath it, but that is pretty much the norm with any dresses they wear to school.

      Delete
  2. This is really pretty in the chevron fabric! I recently made this, too, and intended it as a dress, but I didn't lengthen it quite enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I almost didn't add the length on my daughter's till I was tracing it out. She likes it so much that I'm sure I'll be making more for summer. Between my 3 and me, I want to make clothes faster than I'm able to sew up!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!