Sunday, June 30, 2013

Matching Skirts

I made another Simplicity 1616 skirt for myself, this time with a beautiful Rayon Challis.  This type of fabric just feels girly to me...the kind that sways beautifully when you walk.  One of my girls pulled out a knit that I had stashed away since last summer.  She asked if I could make her a skirt to match mine since they were a very similar print.  I was able to make two out of a single yard!



Just a simple yoga band at the top.  I took each of their waist measurements and cut 2 fabric rectangles for the skirt part.  I measured from their hipbone to where I wanted the length to be and added 1" for seam allowances.   I stitched up the side seams and ran gathering stitches from seam to seam, matching them to the width of the waistband.  I had both skirts made within an hour.  They love them!


Plenty of colorful flowers to match a t-shirt to.



My Rayon Challis was purchased from Fabric.com
Purchased t-shirt for $4
Purchased sunhat for $4

Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley

6 comments:

  1. I used to wear that style of skirt all the time... very comfy and they look great, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! Sometimes I forget how nice it is just to keep my sewing simple. A quick and easy skirt goes a long way!

      Delete
  2. Wow those prints are verysimilar. She has a good eye.
    Suzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she does! I'm truly amazed at my children's attention to detail when it comes to making clothing. Sometimes I seek out their advice when it comes to what I make because they think of things that I don't. LOL

      Delete
  3. Very pretty skirts! That is my favorite style of waistband as it seems the most comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. That type of waistband is becoming my favorite too!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!