Wednesday, June 19, 2013

McCall's 6547


Here are my girls wearing their ruffle knit dresses with coordinating shrug in a jersey knit.  I actually bought this pattern for View B, which is more of a tank top with ruffle knit skirt attached.  However, once they saw View E, that's all they wanted.  





There is only 1 pattern piece for the dress.  As indicated in the pattern instructions, baste the ruffle knit down before sewing, which I did on all 3 sides.  Otherwise, it might flip around on you.  There is elastic around the neck opening.  I didn't do the narrow hem at the armhole.  I just turned it under once and sewed it down, which I found more than sufficient.  When cutting out, I recommend not following the bottom of your pattern piece, but rather go to the next ruffle below and cut underneath on the lining fabric.  If you cut the fabric right on the pattern line, you might cut off some of the "ruffle" area and you don't want to do that.  



It's a great little dress to have when they need to be a little dressy for an outing. 

Fabric purchased from Girl Charlee.

Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley


6 comments:

  1. How adorable! I bet they feel grown up and girlie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! I wasn't really wanting a one-strap dress for them, but gave in because of the shrug. LOL

      Delete
  2. Cuuute! Oh I bet they love the one-shoulder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! I had to tell myself that bathing suits reveal shoulders...this one was a hard one for me to do for them. LOL I'll still keep them covered with the shrug!

      Delete
  3. These are so cute! I love the top picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy! I really like that one too.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!