Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The London Peasant Top

I really love Lila Tueller patterns.  Her directions are very thorough and quite simple to follow.  I made this blouse in a white printed gauze with a solid light green gauze.  I ordered the fabric before I knew what I wanted to do with it, and I did not have enough white for the lower back.  However, I do like how it turned out even though it wasn't planned that way!


I cut the front tie piece parallel to the selvage since gauze is stretchy.  There wasn't any stretch in that direction.  Since gauze is a little sheer, I did line my bodice top and bottom.


I pieced together a scarf with my white scraps.

We went out to dinner tonight, so I had a different place to take photos...not the forest or my bread board background. ha ha


Fabric purchased from Fabric.com.

Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley




14 comments:

  1. This is really pretty! The sleeves and waist tie are cute. I love the peasant look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I actually was looking at that same fabric the other week. Perfect for a peasant top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liza Jane. I really like gauze fabric. I never realized how stretchy it is to sew though until this blouse!

      Delete
  3. this top looks so fresh and comfy! Well done :) I am yet to sew something for myself... Maybe this coming summer? Visiting from Sew country chick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This would be a great pattern to start with because it only requires elastic and no alterations. Plus, it sews up really quickly. A few years ago, I made the dress length and absolutely love it...still! I need to dig thru my photos and post that one since it was before I started my blog. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. A very flattering top, Shirley!!! I haven't sewn with gauze, but I've been hearing a lot of good reports about it, even if it is stretchy to sew with. I'll have to give it a go next Summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! Definitely try making a gauze top! Can't wait to see what you make. :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Shirley....I just found you by way of Gerties blog...
    Love the top.....I've been thinking alot about the peasant blouse of late so it's on my to-do list.
    Off to read more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cinlyn, I'm glad you found me! I love peasant tops; they just are so feminine to wear and super easy to make!

      Delete
  6. That was a great save Shirley! It reminds me of a German folk top.cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Justine! I thought the same thing...it does look like a German top!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful! I love green details!
    Have a nice weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ana! We weren't too far from you last week...we took a cruise and saw some of the islands off of Spain--it was beautiful!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!