Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pants to Skirt Refashion

Have you ever visited Pam's blog Threading My Way?  She did a guest post at House of Estrela where she made an adorable little skirt refashion.  However, she made it with pleats instead of gathers!!  I just had to try it out.  I came across a pair of pants in our donate pile that would still fit one of my girls.  I'm so happy I had some blue and purple ribbon to tie in the blue gingham to the purple pants fabric.



These pants don't have an adjustable waist and were just a tiny bit too big, so I made a matching belt to help cinch up the waist.  I like the look.  After the skirt was made, we went searching thru her clothes in hopes of a shirt to match.  I think this shirt goes with it perfectly--we got lucky with that!



My daughter decided to go a little longer with this one.


I just love the pockets on these pants!  You don't normally see a lot of pockets on skirts, so I think it makes it even more special!

The cost in making this was super cheap!  The spool of ribbon was $1, the pants were handed down to me by another mother, and the blue gingham I've had in my stash for years.  Even with the gingham it took less than a yard.  You can get gingham on sale for very little cost.  Maybe total cost for everything $3 - $4


Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley


8 comments:

  1. That looks great! I love the pleats instead of gathers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly. These are turning out so cute I'm thinking I need to try this out for me too! LOL

      Delete
  2. I loved Pam's tutorial too! Your refashion turned out really cute. I've been going through my donate pile to see what I can use!! I'm visiting from SewCounryChick:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! And thanks for visiting my blog too! I love seeing what others have refashioned, and more and more I am trying to do the same. It saves money and time at the sewing machine.

      Delete
  3. I love gingham, Shirley, and it goes so well with the pants!!! As you said the belt ties it all together to create a fabulous skirt. You were lucky to be able to keep the pockets, or did you reposition them? Thanks so much for the link back...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, I was able to keep the pockets right where they are! I got lucky with these pants. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!