Monday, August 26, 2013

Bathrobe with matching pajama shorts

Here are my son's matching bathrobe and pajama shorts that I made over the weekend.  He loves penguins, so I found this flannel on the Fabric.com website; they have a large variety of fun prints.  I used Simplicity pattern #5329, size boy's large.  


The directions are simple and easy to follow.  I omitted the inside ribbon ties.  The only other sewing supply you need for this robe is interfacing for the band of fabric that is sewn around the neck and down the front opening.  



I used Ottobre's boxer shorts pattern, 6/2011 #37, size 140.  I will definitely be using this pattern a lot.  Its size range is 128 - 170.  These have an elastic waist with a button fly, requiring 2 buttons.  My son says these are really soft and comfortable to wear.  


I think my cost for this project was around $10.  

thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley


10 comments:

  1. They look so cute! I love that Ottobre shorts pattern too! It's a keeper :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I enjoyed sewing these up...and an uncomplicated Ottobre pattern...yay!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! Now if I could only find some My Little Pony flannel for one of my girls....very hard to find.

      Delete
  3. What a great PJ set! The fabric is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn! He is really enjoying it. It is so rewarding to see my children enjoying the clothing I have made them.

      Delete
  4. A great matching set, Shirley! I have yet to try Ottobre patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! I really like Ottobre. I haven't been successful with pants for my daughter; I can't get the waist right, but it's always spot on with my son. I'm going to try a pair of jeans for myself with Ottobre to compare with Jalie. If you do try Ottobre, go for something very simple at first. I didn't do that and was very discouraged. The nightgowns I made for my girls got me use to tracing and interpreting their style of directions. Some still throw me a little but I keep trying.

      Delete
  5. What a fun set! I've made the boxers a bunch of times, but my boys would probably enjoy bathrobes, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, Ottobre has a bathrobe too, but I think the fabric requirement is more, so I opted for the easier pattern! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!