Monday, August 12, 2013

Denim Skirt


Last week I made one of my girls a pleated denim skirt.  I found a tutorial here on the Sew Delicious site.  This is a very basic pattern that even a beginner sewer can accomplish.  All you need is some elastic and the ability to sew a straight stitch.  I found the directions very clear and easy to follow.  I came across this site while searching for a denim skirt pattern that would be fairly quick and easy.


 A simple foldover casing with elastic inserted on the backside only.



I added a tie to the back for fun.


I included a side panel to keep with the flow of the topstitching.  I love topstitching denim, so that is something I did extra beyond the tutorial.


I might sew a couple of matching buttons on the front at the tops of the pleats when I find some.  For now, it looks great even without.  Cute!  And absolutely perfect for school attire.  


My other daughter has already put in her request for one. :)

Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley


4 comments:

  1. I made this up a couple of weeks ago, but still haven't taken photos. Yours looks great, especially with the matching t-shirt!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! I love the basic Old Navy t-shirts. Hopefully one day I'll be able to sew up their t-shirts as well. I'd love to make everything they wear. I can't wait to see your skirt!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!