Tuesday, September 3, 2013

My Sewing Area

This past weekend my husband moved my sewing room into the attic!  We had a lot of space that was not being utilized.  I love the extra room and all the bright light.


I have always enjoyed seeing on other sewing blogs where people do their crafting.  It's fun to be able to get ideas for organizing this way.


I use the bins for all my fabric.


I found some great plastic bins at Ikea to keep my patterns organized in.


Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley

8 comments:

  1. awesome!!! great idea to use that space :-) Have a ball in your new space!
    Amy
    www.amystebbins.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I love having the extra space; it feels so much more relaxing.

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is fabulous! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy! Yesterday was the first day I got to sew in my new space. It was a good sewing day!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I hope our next home, when the time comes, will have as much room. This is the first time we have had a home that has had the extra space for a sewing room!

      Delete
  4. I love looking at other's sewing spaces, too, Shirley. You have a fabulous new area, with lots of space and light and everything is so neat and organised!!! I love the wooden tray/ box with a handle that has patterns in it. And all the Guttermann thread... I'm turning green... LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! My husband is really spoiling me; he set it all up the way he thought it would work best, and then I added all the final touches to it.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!