Ottobre 6/2009 #32 Jolie
Creative Workshop 301 T-Shirt
This outfit has been on my to-do list again for a very long time. I tried to make this about a year and a half ago, but had major problems and it ended up in the scrap pile. My daughter never gave up hope of having this outfit and kept reminding me that she still wanted it. I'm happy to say it was a success this time! However, it was very challenging still! I made it past the point of my struggles the last time--stitching center-back edges of lining to center-back seam allowances on shell. Sounds simple, right? Not really. It took a little looking at to see exactly how to put the fabric pieces together correctly. I thought it was smooth sailing after that, but I was wrong. I was really confused on how to sew the neckline together. I sat on the couch with pins in hand trying to figure it out for what seemed like an hour. Then I thought, manipulate the fabric to how it will look finished. Then I found my way to the seam created, and holding tight, pulled it out where I could get to it and then discovered how it was to be sewn.
I made this in a size 134, but for the skirt piece, I traced the length out to a size 158 and hemmed it 1 inch. I like my girls' dresses and skirts to be just above the knee.
And it is fully lined!
Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley