Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Ottobre "Jolie" Pinafore Dress with T-Shirt

Ottobre 6/2009 #32 Jolie
Size 134

&

Creative Workshop 301 T-Shirt 
Size 140



This outfit has been on my to-do list again for a very long time.  I tried to make this about a year and a half ago, but had major problems and it ended up in the scrap pile.  My daughter never gave up hope of having this outfit and kept reminding me that she still wanted it.  I'm happy to say it was a success this time!  However, it was very challenging still!  I made it past the point of my struggles the last time--stitching center-back edges of lining to center-back seam allowances on shell.  Sounds simple, right?  Not really.  It took a little looking at to see exactly how to put the fabric pieces together correctly.  I thought it was smooth sailing after that, but I was wrong.  I was really confused on how to sew the neckline together.  I sat on the couch with pins in hand trying to figure it out for what seemed like an hour.  Then I thought, manipulate the fabric to how it will look finished.  Then I found my way to the seam created, and holding tight, pulled it out where I could get to it and then discovered how it was to be sewn.



I made this in a size 134, but for the skirt piece, I traced the length out to a size 158 and hemmed it 1 inch. I like my girls' dresses and skirts to be just above the knee.

And it is fully lined!



Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks like a lot of work! Good job sticking to it! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! It was a lot of work...I was really glad once I finished it!

      Delete
  2. Great job Shirley! I'm glad you were able to figure out the neckline. She looks so cute in her new pinafore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin! Now that I figured out how to make this dress, it makes me feel like I can tackle most things in Ottobre (I hope!).

      Delete
  3. Well done on persisting, Shirley!!! It sounds complicated to make, but looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! It feels good to have finally been able to figure out the instructions! There are a couple of areas I wish I could have done better, but I'm trying to not be so hard on myself and just be glad I completed it.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!