Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Mini Penny Pinafore

I love having matching outfits with my girls!
This week I managed to get my girls' mini Pennys done.  I made mine the other week which you can read about here.  Their pattern is much easier and faster to tape together and cut out than the adult version.  The side panel for the front and back are also the same piece.  




This is a black and white ethnic diamond modal cotton spandex knit from Girl Charlee.


Look at that pose!  Somebody pull out the twister game because I think we have a winner!


This is the black and white triangles modal cotton spandex knit from Girl Charlee.  I should have gone up one more size for my daughter here.  It fits, but it won't for long!


This is really a great pattern to have.  My girls are so excited to match with my outfit.


Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley



13 comments:

  1. cute! I love them matching you :D And the pose on your one DD, crazy!!

    So are the girl charlie knits sturdy? thickish? I need a good source for knits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the quality of their knits! When you go to their site, they actually tell in the description if the fabric is light, medium or heavy weight. I buy most of my knits from there. These knits I used here are pretty sturdy. The black was a bit heavier than the coordinating fabric.

      Delete
    2. Awesome :D Thanks Shirley, I'll have to give them a try

      Delete
  2. Love the dresses! You guys look so cute together! And I love those graffiti shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I'm loving the shoes that we are getting here lately. Something I'll definitely miss we we have to move!

      Delete
  3. So cute! I love the matching dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great first photo, Shirley! The dresses look super comfy. I'm guessing they'll be worn a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! One of my girls seems more excited over the dress than the other, but that is okay. We all have our different tastes. I tell them we never know till it is all sewn up how much we'll like it. That is the beauty of sewing, we can keep finding outfits we like :) I want more for myself! LOL

      Delete
  5. they look so cute in their matching dresses :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn! I just wish they would wear them on the same day other than for a pic! I think one would always be matching if she could, but her sister tries to make sure they don't! LOL With their dresses matching mine, it will make things a little different (I hope).

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!