Wednesday, March 26, 2014

One More Time--Maritime & Renfrew

It does seem that 3rd time is a charm!  I think I finally have it with my Maritime shorts AND the Renfrew top--hurray!  

This time I went up one size in the top.  With my shorts, I noticed in my previous blog photos how there was a little bit of extra fabric still with my CB seam.  I took care of it and NOW have the fit I am happy with.  Boy is it nice to just pull out a pattern and sew it up, knowing it will fit.  It is time consuming with altering a pattern, but now I see how well spent that time has been.


I purchased a blue and white stripe denim from Fabric.com for the shorts, as well as the blue jersey knit.


I changed my pack pocket style again, and I also made a template so I could iron my seam allowances around it before sewing it together with the backside of my shorts.


I put a single buttonhole and button on the back to keep the pocket closed.  I just wanted this for design and style and not function.



These two patterns are my favorite summer-time patterns so far.  Now having made myself 3 pairs of shorts, I think I'm ready to change up my sewing to something else for next week!

Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley


11 comments:

  1. Great basics! I like the shorts pockets in contrast fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I thought it would be good to break up the stripes a little. One of my girls said if you stare at that fabric long enough it makes your eyes go crazy! ha ha

      Delete
  2. 3x sewn, now that is a winner! I wish I had shorts I was happy with. I'm so pleased that you tweaked the fit to just right. I look forward to when I can just reach for a pattern (already fitted) and cut and sew it.
    These look great for summer fun and making a pocket template is super smart; I need to remember that one ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This is the first pattern ever that I have sewn so much from. Normally I just use a pattern once and move on, but I'm trying to sew more things that I will actually wear on a continual basis.

      Delete
  3. Oooh, I need some blue and white striped denim! These are super cute. (I'm pretending I'm not jealous you're wearing shorts right now...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, I realize I said the same thing about 2 comments ago. Maybe I really am jealous (:

      Delete
    2. Joy, I have worn these a few times now and love them, but this denim does have to be ironed. I have never had to iron shorts until now, but since I made them, that doesn't bother me to much. If they were store bought, that would irritate me! ha ha It's okay, the sun will start making its way to you!!!

      Delete
  4. They look perfect! You look so summery. I am so ready for summer, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liza Jane. These are such a great pattern. These and my green ones are the first ones I go for when they are washed. I love them!

      Delete
  5. That's a super cute new outfit :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!