Saturday, May 3, 2014

Burda Style 04/2014 #122

Burda Style 4/2014
#122
Size 38
Fabric:  Blue Check Chambray from Denver Fabrics


Burda calls this "Loving Freedom."  I love this blouse! The pattern pieces all lined up perfectly.  I like how the pattern has numbers to match up to the seam placement.  All instructions were precise and easy to follow. The only tricky part is laying on some of the pieces on the bias.  I have done that with binding for quilts but not for apparel sewing.  I had to stop and think about how to do that (asking my husband for help!).


There is elastic in the sleeve hem and a small piece of elastic that is used to sew the waist ties to.  I added a button to the left front where the front yoke overlaps.



I'm so happy to have found this fabric.  I wanted as close a match as possible to the Burda photo.  I like how the check design changes with the pattern placement.


Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley

12 comments:

  1. Cute! I love the checked fabric on the bias, too. I always have to think about putting pattern pieces on the bias, too. I use my quilting ruler to help me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liza Jane! I actually did pull out my quilting ruler when I was trying to figure out how to cute the strips!

      Delete
  2. Very unique! I like playing with the direction of prints too, and I like the little button detail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I really like this issue of Burda. They actually have a few patterns in this one that I like!

      Delete
  3. It is such a pretty blouse and you look lovely in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Deb! It is one of those kind of tops that you feel good in. I am definitely going to make another one.

      Delete
  4. I was so excited to see this pop up on your blog!!!! This is the first pattern that caught my eye in that Burda issue. It looks great on you! (and better than in the magazine because I can see all your details, lol). You've motivated me to get moving and sew it up :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Kristin, you won't believe how easy this top is to make! It is really comfortable to wear too. I like the chambray I used because it comes right out of the dryer ready to wear without any ironing. I actually line dry it and then just fluff it in the dryer.

      Delete
  5. It looks so pretty on you. I love all the direction changes in the fabric, you've done this beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is really a fun top to make. I love how it is a unique top with great results but not technical to make!

      Delete
  6. Love the effect of the check fabric in two different directions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. I have worn this shirt several times now; people are going to think it's the only shirt I own! Ha! It just is so comfortable--I love it!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!