Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Burda Blouse & Skirt

Burda Style 04/2014 # 122
Size 38
Blue Swiss Dot Fabric

Burda Style Summer 2014
#121 Size 36
Blue Patchwork Lawn Fabric




I made this shirt once before in a blue check chambray reviewed here.  I wanted to see how it would look in a solid fabric.  The skirt is very quick and easy to make up.  I did not use the front and back facings.  Instead, I lined the skirt with a light weight, white cotton fabric.  I also added a couple inches to the length.



I colored my hair!  I got tired of that chemo gray I had.  Well, that is how it grew in.  It was a combo of gray and blonde, but it started looking more gray than blonde.  It is just a temporary color.  Funny thing is I would always have a little gray in my hair and the temporary color wouldn't cover it all and now it does.


I really like this skirt.  It sits low on the waist and has an invisible zipper in the left side seam.  This is actually my second time using this pattern.  I made another skirt last week out of a pretty pink and brown cotton lawn fabric, but I don't have a top made to match it yet.  I started one, but it was a total flop and went in the trash!  Ugh.  That still happens to me occasionally, but not as often thankfully.


There are 2 darts in the back of the skirt, but you can't see them because of the fabric design!

Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley

7 comments:

  1. Great outfit! That top is still one of my fav's in that issue. Your hair looks great! So glad you are able to fix it how you want it now :D
    Ugh to the wadder. That just irks me when it happens :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin! I'm thinking of just throwing out the pattern on that blouse I tried to. However, I was trying to deviate a little and put an invisible zip in the side seam opening instead of a lapped zipper. Probably not the smartest thing to have tried. LOL

      Delete
    2. I just replied! :) (over on my blog) sorry! lol.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I almost tossed this top cause I thought it looked too much like medical scrubs. LOL I debated on adding a trim to the color, but decided to put it on and look at the pics to see how it all came together. I'm happy with it.

      Delete
  3. That is such a pretty and summery outfit! and your hair looks really lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!