Thursday, September 25, 2014

Sweater Leggings with Hoodie

Ottobre Women's 5/2014
#9 Everyday Luxe Jersey Hoodie, Size 36
#6 Sammalikko Printed Leggings, Size 34


This is "Take Two" of the Ottobre Hoodie and Legging pattern for me.  First hoodie reviewed here.  Leggings reviewed here.  I found a great way to line the hood, which finishes the seam as well.   I had a light bulb moment so I thought I would share what I did.  I probably read this or saw it somewhere, but it really works well for this pattern if you want to line the hood!

Use the hood pattern piece to cut out a lining.  Attach the "hood" right sides together with the neckline.  Attach the "lining" right sides to WRONG sides of the neckline.  I basted all three layers of fabric together and then stitched with my serger.  



Next, flip your lining up and baste the hood and lining together before binding.

 

I purchased the jersey and Hacci sweater knit from Girl Charlee.






Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley







9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! Now if it will just stay cold enough to wear them. LOL

      Delete
  2. You are on a roll, Shirley. Looks great as a set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! Time for me to focus on some sewing for my kids now. :) I think I am set for a while.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Liza Jane! My son loves to wear hooded shirts, so now that I have figured out how to make a nice lined hood, I can make some for him now.

      Delete
  4. I love this outfit - the tunic's on my list for the fall, but my list is getting longer and longer! Great idea on the hood lining finish! I always line my hoods, but rarely try to cover the serged seam. This method would be better than binding the neck seam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy! I do like the nice clean finish so the neckline seam is hidden. I make mostly hoodies for my son during the winter, so I am going to try this for him, even if it means an extra step of binding the opening around the face. It is an easy trade off I think.

      Delete
  5. I'm with Joy, I love this outfit! It looks great! I really want that hoodie. My list is huge right now but I'm putting it on there anyway! Leggings go perfectly with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!