Tuesday, December 16, 2014

American Ships Quilt Progress


I'm still slowly working on my son's American Ships quilt.  I finished another ship today and thought I would post the last 5 that I've completed.  






As much as I try to establish a monthly completion goal for myself, I'm having a hard time sticking to it!  With it being winter now, I'm going to focus on trying to complete two a month.  If the mood strikes, maybe one a week--that would help speed things up a bit.  I have been working on this for a few years now (big sigh).  My first passion is sewing clothes and now I have added knitting a sweater into the mix of my hobbies.  Focus, focus, focus!  Sometimes I find it more appealing to start something new than to finish something I have been working on for a long time.

See previous blocks completed here and here.

Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley

8 comments:

  1. It's looking good! The good news is that your son will be old enough to appreciate it and take care of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly--great point! Yes!! He will be old enough to appreciate it and take care of it by then. I have always teased that it will be his graduation present, but honestly, I think it will be. I've got about 25 more ships to embroider plus there are blocks with ropes that are embroidered to fill in other spaces, as well as a large ship in the center that will be appliqued. And that is all before the quilting process!

      Delete
  2. That's a lot of hand stitching, Shirley. It's going to be fabulous when you finish. With a huge project like that, I'd be breaking it up into small chunks, too. If you do too much at once, you might get sick of it and you don't want to risk that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! Sometimes I wonder why I took on such a huge project! Well, I had no clue how to even embroider when I started. I definitely bit off more than I could chew, but I know my son will love it, so that keeps me pushing forward!

      Delete
  3. It is so exciting to watch your progress on this! It is looking beautiful so far!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin! I was thinking of putting up a separate tab on my blog to put on the blocks on it since there will be so many by the time I finish. It is going to get a little more interesting for me now since I'm getting into other ships without sails. I'm tired of sails!! LOL

      Delete
  4. Love them! It'll be fabulous when it's all finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I need to stay motivated and everyone's comments are helping me!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!