Friday, December 12, 2014

Christmas Sewing

One of my girls has a gift exchange next week in school, so I made up this fabric drawstring bag with goodies!



I made a stuffed puppy and bought some chocolates to include with it.




Pam at Threading My Way has a fantastic drawstring bag tutorial here.  It is fully lined and has boxed corners at the bottom!  These sew up so quickly that it would be quite easy to make several if you needed to.  In the past, I have tried to box the bottom of fabric bags but was unable to get each side to match until now.  Pam's tutorial is so well written and has wonderful photos to guide you along your way.  



And who wouldn't want a stuffed puppy?  I have the sewing and pattern book Girl's World, and one of the patterns included is this cute little puppy that is very easy to make....definitely a beginner sewing project if you are new to sewing.



I also made two more fabric bags for a couple of the male teachers at school for their Christmas gift.  I will buy some chocolates to fill them with.  For the ladies, I am making potholders.

Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! It was so much fun crafting instead of making clothing for a change!

      Delete
  2. Great gift ideas :) I love your bags, they look so perfect! (and every little girl would love a puppy!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin! Now my girls each want a bag. LOL I saw that coming. My sewing list gets longer and longer. They already have the puppies though.

      Delete
  3. Your gifts look fabulous! Thanks for the link tot he tutorial too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue! I think next year I need to give myself an earlier start to sewing for Christmas! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, what a great gift! Love the bag and puppy is so cute! Great fabric choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hanki! The gift was well liked!

      Delete
  5. How did I miss this, Shirley? We do tend to forget the males, don't we - great fabric choice. The pink bag looks great, too. I have 'Girls World' and have yet to make something from it. Maybe I should start with the dog - yours looks awesome in the pinks. Thanks so much for the link back and kind words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, the dog is the only thing we have made from the book! LOL I think the book was worth the idea for the dog though. ha ha It is such a pretty book though and I have enjoyed looking through it. I'd like to make the board in it that you can cover with fabrics and pin things to it.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!