Jalie Yoga Pant (3022)
Added 1 inch to length
Jalie Dolman Top (3352)
LOVE these Jalie Yoga pants!! Could there be a better drafted pattern, I don't think so.
These fit my daughter so well. I cannot wait to try this pattern out for myself.
I used my serger and top stitched the seams with my sewing machine. It looked like I was getting a little wave of fabric with my top stitching, but this pressed out with the iron. I tried it on scrap fabric first before assembling the pants.
The fabric is actually from a pair of pants that I had bought from Hanna Andersson a couple of years ago. The fabric is an amazing cotton spandex that is mid to heavy weight. I cut the waistband off and then cut right through all the seams on the legs so I had individual pieces. I pressed them and then cut out the pattern. If she would have been in one size larger, I wouldn't have had enough room to cut them out. There wasn't enough of the fabric to cut out a waistband, so I used a black cotton spandex that I had in my stash. I actually like the look. I used a light gray thread for all top stitching.
I think it is well worth the effort and time it takes for the top stitching. It looks amazing on.
I just made this top for myself. I thought it would compliment the yoga pant well and it does. I used a gray rib knit for the neckband. I zig zagged the neckband flat, as well as the arm and shirt hems. For kids clothes, sometimes I just like to do what is quick and easy.
Since the top fabric is so light and drapey, I decided to sew it completely by sewing machine according to Jalie's sewing instructions (zig zag and then a straight stitch). I was afraid serging with 4 threads would add too much bulk and weight to the seams. Do you ever experience that? It really doesn't take long. Longer than the serger, but not by much because when you are doing the straight stitch, the fabric is already sewn together with the zig zag so you aren't removing pins and just zipping through it now.
I had to get one more sewing project in before surgery. It helps keep my mind off of things. I also stitched up a Watson bra this week out of some cotton jersey knit. It is a great fit! I used some white mesh for the lining and at the band. It is a little on the stretchy side, but I expected that. However, it is a wearable muslin and a comfy bra to wear around the house! I'm excited to make it again in more bra-type fabrics. I have some pretty mesh, powernet and piping elastics on the way.
Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley