Friday, January 30, 2015

Jalie Yoga Pant with Ottobre Top

Jalie Yoga Pant 3022, Size S
removed 2 inches from the length

Ottobre 5/2013 #4A, Size 36


I am really loving these yoga pants.  I made a pair for my daughter here.  This time around, knowing the pattern, I put these together much quicker.  I assembled all seams with my serger and had my sewing machine set up with a twin needle (2.5).  This way I could just slide between machines.  I used black thread for the top stitching.

I think the real selling feature of this pattern is the two-piece back pant leg.


There is an upper and lower waistband piece, as well as a waistband facing.  3/8" elastic is used in the top of the band, which gives you a nice secure fit.


For my top, I used Ottobre's "Monday Basic raglan-T-shirt pattern.  I chose this pattern because of the shoulder dart, which I thought was a little different than other raglan t-shirt patterns I have seen.  Plus I already had this pattern in hand. :)


Ugh, I guess I better figure out how to make the sway back adjustment--a lot of fabric pooling at my mid back.  I know I have a book on that somewhere.  

Before hemming the sleeves and bottom of the shirt, I tried it on...thankfully.  It would have been a little too short for my liking.  I added sleeve bands, which I cut at 3 inches and the bottom band at 5 inches.

(looks like I have some thread fuzz on the bottom of my shirt there)  With my little photographers, they don't know to "fix" anything before snapping the picture! ha ha

I love the pants but I'm just meh on the top.  I won't sew it up again.  It just doesn't wow me.  It will be good for just a knock around top.

My hair is looking a little red.  I tried chestnut brown since the store was out of the color I like.  Boy was it really red for a couple of weeks.  Now it has calmed down a little.

Cotton Lycra knit from The Purple Seamstress
Red & White Striped double-sided knit from Girl Charlee

Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley

10 comments:

  1. Oooh Shirley! I am loving this outfit! Loving it! I would totally wear this around all day. I have that Ottobre so I may try this top. I love the band you added to it. As for the pants, you know I love those, lol. I think they look great in the cotton/lycra! I guess I'll have to sew up a pair in that when I go do to mine in velour. They back seaming is so nice and I think that waistband is super comfy. I like your hair too, you looking so good and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin! I am definitely going to sew up the pants again. I bought some navy blue fabric at the same time as this charcoal color. It is really light weight and soft, so great for in the house and super comfortable.

      Delete
  2. The fit of your yoga pants is perfect, Shirley and they look great. I imagine they are very comfortable. I need some new Pilates pants and am trying to find the time to make some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam! Pilates? I wish I had somewhere to go for that! When we move, I hope I can go somewhere to learn how, but I guess I could get a video too. I have seen where there are places where they have some really neat equipment for that. It looks like it would really be fun to do.

      Delete
  3. Looks totally comfy. I like your sewing space in the background! It looks like a nice area to work. I would totally throw darts when my fabric made me angry! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha, never thought about throwing the darts Kelly! I should have hung up my jeggings there on Monday and tossed a few darts at them! I worked so long and hard on them. They were beautiful but didn't fit! I recently bought my button carpet at Ikea. I wish they had it in a different color than white, but I guess the buttons wouldn't stand out as much.

      Delete
  4. The yoga pants look awesome. And the top does, too. I like the dart at the shoulder. I find raglans difficult to fit right through the neck and shoulder. And yes, the button rug is super cool, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liza Jane! I was going to make another pair of these, but I think I'll try the shorts version next. I know it is still winter, but I'm really wanting to start sewing for summer now.

      Delete
  5. Shirley Ann, these garments are amazing! It's a shame you are not bowled over by the top because where I'm sitting it looks fantastic. I love the contrast bands that came out of necessity. I'll give that yoga pants pattern a whirl if I ever get my arse to a yoga class! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zoe! I appreciate your opinion!! I will pull the top out and give it a try :) I love this style yoga pant. I have yet to do yoga in it, but I find it is so comfortable just to wear around the house.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!