I'm so excited about this pattern. I have made a couple now. The first ones were definitely a combination of trial and error. It also helps to have the right kind of fabric.
I love the results I got with this one. There is still more to be perfected, but this one will be definitely worn and not recycled for rings, sliders, and back fasteners like the others.
I purchased a half yard of purple pink roses patterned lace fabric from Girl Charlee, which I used for the outer cups and outer layer of the cradle ($3 purchase).
I used milliskin to line the cradle, a double layer of stretch mesh for the inner cup piece, as well as lining the outer cup pieces. Light weight powernet was used for the band. These fabrics were purchased from Spandex World. This is the first time I have bought from them and I'm very happy with the variety and quality of fabrics.
I really like the soft look of piping elastic. I bought several colors from Sew Sassy. I had some Offray ribbon bows in my sewing stash.
The bra is not lined (seams exposed) and I am okay with that. I pulled out my RTW bras and they are not lined either--I never noticed before.
I was pleasantly surprised with the fit of the bikini. I like it! I'm such a Hanes kinda girl when it comes to my undies that I didn't think I would like a handmade bikini, but I do.
On a personal note, I have been taking it easy since my last surgery. I am happy with the results and so glad to be finished. The only discomfort that remains is some rib soreness, as well as tenderness at the skin graft area. I had a check-up this past Tuesday and all is healing well. I will go back next week too. I think some sutures will be removed. I'm looking forward to getting out of bandages so I can wear my new bra!
Thank you for your prayers!