Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Embroidery Update

I managed to complete another 4 quilt squares.  I am really trying to stick to my goal of 2 per month.  A small goal, but HUGE when you think about the time that goes into sitting and stitching...time not sewing clothing, which is a hard thing in itself! ha ha




Like the compass squares, there will be a few anchors to do.


This last one I knocked out in 3 days.  One of my girls was hospitalized with pneumonia, so I took my hand embroidery to the hospital each day while I sat with her.  We were a crafting duo.  She sat and practiced calligraphy (once she was feeling better) while I stitched.  She was admitted last Tuesday and was able to go home Friday morning.  Her treatment consisted of breathing treatments and antibiotics.  The doctors said we caught it early!

I now know the only thing worse than being in the hospital myself is having to have one of my children there.  This was the first time she was ever away from home, which was hard for me.  She did okay with that though, thankfully.  The nurses and doctors were amazing!

Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley

12 comments:

  1. I'm glad she is ok! When ethan broke his arm (multiple times) I took knitting to the emergency room. Luckily I had it easily accessible so I could grab it on the way out the door. :)

    The embroidery looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Glad she's feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you daughter is now OK, Shirley. This quilt is going to be magnificent once it's finished. Let's hope the next blocks are done in a less stressful situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam. Agreed! However, it did show me that I could accomplish them a little quicker if I put my mind to it!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful work. I can't even get one quilt block a month done. And it doesn't even involve embroidery. So hats off to you, lady! Sorry to hear about your little one being ill. Good news that it was nipped in the bud! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janene! I hope to have this quilt done within the next two years...fingers crossed! I'll be happy if just the top part is done by then actually! I started this when my son was in the 3rd grade and this fall he starts high school. Sewing for 4 though does make me step away from it more times than not.

      Delete
  5. These look really great! It is coming along for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your daughter is feeling better and just want to encourage her to keep practicing her calligraphy....wonderful to hear of a young person doing this. Best Wishes from Northern Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyce! I will tell my daughter what you said about the calligraphy. That will surely put a smile on her face!

      Delete
  7. Glad your daughter is feeling better and just want to encourage her to keep practicing her calligraphy....wonderful to hear of a young person doing this. Best Wishes from Northern Ireland.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!