Friday, May 22, 2015

Another Simplicity 2222

Simplicity 2222

Size:  10 Bodice/12 Skirt

Alterations:    Forward/sloped shoulder adj.
                     Petite Line Adjustments (pattern has marking for this)
                     Added 1" to skirt Length
                     Removed 5/8" from upper bodice before armhole curve
                     Removed 5/8" from back racerback area, reshaping curve


I just made the romper here.  After making a few more adjustments, I believe I have a great fit!  I won't go into all the details since that was part of my other post, but I did want to show what a great dress this pattern makes too.  I like both options.


I really, really like this pattern.  I cannot wait to make more!


With my adjustments, I didn't have to make an armhole dart like I did when making the romper version.  No armhole gaping!


I did line the skirt only with some white batiste.


Fabric purchased from Denver Fabrics a while ago.

This may be my last blog post for a couple of months.  We are getting ready to move back to the United States, so I will have to stop sewing and start preparing for the packers!   

Thanks for stopping by ~  Shirley

11 comments:

  1. This is a really cute summer piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! So far, I think this is my favorite dress I've ever made.

      Delete
  2. I really like this as a dress too! Funny how different it looks from your romper but yet is the same pattern :D You are getting good at alterations too. The perfect dress for relaxing at home or chasing around with the kids. Good luck with the move and all that comes with it - but super exciting for you to be here in the states again!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin! I'm getting so excited about our move. I cannot wait. It is going to be so nice to walk into fabric stores without having to wait for everything to arrive in the mail. I'll still order online, but I do miss buying my big 4 patterns at Joanns.

      Delete
  3. Perfect for Summer, Shirley and looks very comfortable. Good luck with the move. You'll be having withdrawal symptoms soon after the sewing machine is packed away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! I think I am already starting to have withdrawals from not sewing and we aren't packed up yet--uh oh! LOL

      Delete
  4. Super cute! Look school and very very comfortable. I love the cute fabric you used! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that should be "looks cool"... Sorry!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Carolyn! Cool or school both work for me! ha ha.

      Delete
  5. I love this dress! I also really like your hair like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Justine! It feels really good to have a head of hair again!! No such thing as a "bad hair day" for me. Lol

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!