Angel Bootcut Jeans Angela Wolf
Alterations: Back yoke and CB seam taken in by 5/8"
Shortened pattern length by 2" and also removed 1" from bottom leg just before hemming
Renfrew Top Sewaholic
Here are my black Angel bootcut jeans, top stitched with white thread. I'm really happy with how they turned out! I decided to make a black and white top to match. I had a remnant of fabric left from when I made this dress.
I made these jeans once before here. This time I followed along with the Craftsy video course, something I didn't have while making my first pair. It definitely helped to improve my jean-making skills! I opted to forego rivets and just zigzag stitch those areas instead. I really like the high contrast of white thread against black fabric.
I did attempt to distress the fabric, but the kind of denim I made these jeans from didn't cooperate. I purchased it a while ago and I'm not sure of the fabric content. Had I seen in the video to "test" a fabric sample prior to distressing, I would have known that and not wasted valuable sewing time. Apparently after washing your fabric, it will reveal the complete results from your distressing. I always miss something in a video. I skip around though, so lesson learned! I couldn't see much distressing as I was doing it, but I had high hopes.
I did go up a size this time since the pant legs of my old pair seemed a little snug. I did have to rip out my CB top stitching AND seam to make an adjustment to the back yoke area because I had a large gap. I altered my pattern before cutting too! Apparently not enough, so I had to fix that the hard way. I think it went back together pretty well.
I wish I had purchased some nickel buttons instead of using the brass ones; I think it would have looked better.
I'm still uncertain what size to make my next pair in. The waist of my first pair fits a little better. I could make the smaller size and just adjust the pant legs to compensate for my weight gain.
Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley