Monday, October 26, 2015

Jalie Cora Running Tight

Cora
Size O (11 years/European size 150)
No alterations


 This pattern is fabulous!  Last weekend one of my girls needed a pair of athletic pants for school.  We came up empty handed after going shopping.  My daughter is slim with long legs, so if we fit the waist, most things are too short.  I could see the disappointment and frustration in her face.  She then asked if I could just make her a pair with the Cora pattern.  

Here's the pattern:




There are 9 pattern pieces for the pants.  Once traced and cut, it only took me 2 hours to sew together!  After I get a few of these under my belt, I'll be able to sew them up without even referring to the instructions.  I used both my sewing machine and serger.



and an action shot.....




Fabric purchased from Spandex World.  I just checked their website and this fabric is still available in the clearance section if you are interested.  My dri-fit was purchased from the Fabric Fairy--they have an awesome color selection!

Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley





6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Justine! You should definitely get this pattern. You have been making some awesome athletic wear yourself, so might as well add these into the mix!

      Delete
  2. We have the same problem. Long legs and slim. All three children. I'm sure there is a range that copes with this challenge, but I'm yet to find the one that fits. So in the meantime I sew. Love these pants. Need to make gymnastic leggings for daughter, so this might be a good pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl! My daughter really likes these and I think they are going to work out well for her. She is 12 and we are still having to buy pants with adjustable waists. Sometimes those are even becoming difficult to find. I haven't seen any other patterns yet that will fit young girls, but there are a few out there for adults. I'm actually cutting out a pair of Coras for me today. I'm anxious to see how they work for me.

      Delete
  3. This is a fantastic pair of athletic pants! I can't believe all the pieces in the pattern, but I suppose you have to have them all to make the different colors. I'm so happy she liked mom's version better than the stuff at the store. These fit her so well and I love the colors she picked :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin! I love that she wanted me to sew them up for her. She is the picky one, so I feel like I made tremendous progress getting asked to make something. lol

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!