Saturday, October 31, 2015

Jalie 2682 & 3022

Jalie 2682
Size T
Light Blue Jersey Knit from Fashion Fabrics

Jalie 3022
Size S
Cotton Lycra from Spandex World (Floral Prints Blue Multi)



This is one of those instant gratification projects.  Quick...easy...fun to sew!






The top front bodice piece is cut 4 times, enclosing the zip nicely.  It also feels quite comfy having that double layer of fabric.  Once you get the zipper finished, the top comes together quickly.


Once you have made these yoga pants, you probably won't want to buy a pair.  At least that's how I feel about them!  You can't see the seaming and top stitching with such a busy print.  It's more evident when using a solid fabric, which I did before, reviewed here.


I am wearing a purchased camisole top underneath.


Sometimes I don't like backside photos, which kind of tell all.  I should have done a swayback adjustment.   Also, this knit is a 4-way stretch, but as luck would have it, one direction stretched more than the other and I got the lesser of the two where I needed it most.  SIGH  However, I probably should have gone up a size anyway, but I'm not sure because my fabric doesn't stretch as much as it could have.  I'm already cutting it out again to make an athletic version.  I will know if I have the right size then.


Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley

6 comments:

  1. Looks super comfy, Shirley!!! I really should make some yoga pants for pilates. I know they wouldn't be too hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, you would love these! I know there are a lot of yoga pants in the stores, but I haven't seen any that have the brilliant construction that Jalie has. There is a seam down the middle of the back that really makes them fitted and unique.

      Delete
  2. Really looks nice! I like the top a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I like the top too. Now I want to perfect it. I'm definitely going to do a swayback adjustment on it to get rid of the pool of fabric back there.

      Delete
  3. I didn't even realize the floral pants were the yoga pants! They look like floral denim to me, lol. Even better as yoga pants because they are so comfortable. (I'm wearing mine today... and the day before... and a different color the 2 days before that! LOL) I love this outfit, it is something I would wear all the time! I need to get that top pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure if I would wear them "out" but the other day I threw them on to pick up my son from club. He comes out to the car and says, "come in with me." "IN?" ha ha Nothing like being seen when you think you won't leave the car. They are super comfortable. I only have 2 pair, so I definitely need them in other colors. I should just order fabric and be done with it so I have it on hand when the mood strikes to sew....I mean topstitch....ha ha. It doesn't take that long when you consider how fast everything else sews up with these.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!