Thursday, December 10, 2015

Athletic Wear

Jalie 2682
Size P

Jalie 3462 (Cora)
Size O


I love this outfit!  I think the 2 patterns together make an awesome combination.  Having made this twice before, definitely 3rd time was a charm for me.  Previously I used swimwear in addition to dri-fit.  This time I purchased some 4-way stretch active wear from Fashion Fabrics Club.  I like this so much better.  Even though swimwear fabric worked for me, it definitely doesn't stretch as much as this fabric.  In the future I'll just keep the swimwear fabric for, well, swimwear!



So far I think this is my favorite Jalie top pattern  (I have some new ones I have yet to sew up though).  You can make a version of this top without the zipper (V-neck) should you choose.  This time I cut a thin strip of interfacing to stabilize my fabric before sewing the zipper on.


The fabric design of the print dulls a little when stretched as seen here at the calf area.


Next I'll be focusing on Christmas sewing.  I'll be making some red plaid flannel hand warmers to give out as teacher gifts.  I'm also anxious to spend some time making zippered pouches!  I purchased some beautiful Waverly prints last weekend that I plan on using.

Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley






6 comments:

  1. This is amazing! So pro looking Shirley. Thanks for the fabric tip. I made a tennis outfit from swimwear fabric and it so hot and clammy. I needed real Activewear fabric but didn't know where to get some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Justine! Fashion Fabrics Club carries a lot. You have to be careful and read the description. Some are not 4-way stretch, but a lot are. They have a great variety and it is so reasonably priced too! I buy a lot of fabric through them.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, this is so professional! I don't normally get excited by activewear sewing, but this is really nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liza Jane. I really love this pattern. It's such a relief to know I can make my girls athletic wear for school but I don't have to pay a lot of money to buy it in the store--athletic clothes are expensive!

      Delete
  3. As others have said, the outfit looks so professional, Shirley. Your daughter must be thrilled with her new activewear. Look forward to seeing your zippered pouches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam!I bought me some interfacing for the zippered pouches and got the wrong weight. :( It is ultra light. I got confused because it said for light to medium weight fabrics.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!