Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Sewing


Zippered Bags



I made these zippered bags to hold some Christmas gifts for my girls.  I was so inspired by Pam's at Threading My Way that I had to make some.  Pam has links on her website to tutorials on how to construct these.  The hardest part was finding the fabric I wanted to use.  I found some beautiful Waverly prints at Walmart, as well as a fat quarter for the Paris Print and lining.  One of my girls loves all things Paris related.



You would be amazed at how easy these bags are to make.  They are beautiful.




I also made hand warmers for teacher gifts!


I like how these turned out.  I bought some rice and cinnamon essential oil.  I poured the rice into a big pot, sprinkling with the oil, and stirred it up really well.  I sewed 4 x 4 flannel squares together, leaving enough room for a funnel to still fit to pour the rice in.  I used less than 1/2 Cup of rice per hand warmer.  I used pinking shears to trim the edges, attached twine, and used a cute little Stampin Up mitten design to embellish the punched cardstock.  My children were really excited to be able to hand these out to their teachers.  I made a total of 21, 7 per child.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley


5 comments:

  1. I knew you'd find them super easy to make, Shirley. They turned out great!!! I made a Paris themed zippered pouch for my daughter, too. Haven't blogged about it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! Christmas morning I had to tell my girls that I made their bags! They didn't even realize it and just unzipped and went to the goodies inside.

      Delete
  2. Wow! These bags are like designer quality! I'm heading over to read the tutorial. I need a few of these in my life :D See you can go back now and vinyl their names on them... lol!! Seriously though, these are so gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! That's why I want to start making really big bags and put vinyl monograms on them for gifts!! How cool will that be!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!