Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Brazi Dress

Stitch Upon a Time's Brazi Bra & Dress
Size S top, Size 3 skirt
Alterations:  Added 1/2" to bodice length and shortened skirt by 6 inches.  I also slimmed the width down on this maxi.  I pulled out my New Look pattern that I used before and referenced it's dimensions.
Fabric:  Teal Blue Elephant Striped Knit from Fashion Fabrics Club
Coral knit from Joann's


I love how the Brazi is constructed with bra cups sewn into the bodice!  This is my first time sewing with SUAT patterns and I'm hooked with just the first one.  It is a PDF pattern with extremely detailed instructions and pictures from how to measure, print, and assemble.  You could be a beginner seamstress and start with a SUAT pattern.


The bodice is lined and also has a length of elastic sewn to the under bust seam allowance.  The pattern calls for 1/4 inch elastic, but I tried 1/2 inch for this dress and I like it a little better having more width.


The skirt is gathered at the center front and back only.

I love the back detail of this dress!


Dressy and comfortable!


This one was my first go at the pattern, so I kept the skirt length at the short version and did not slim down the sides like I did on the maxi version.


It is so much fun to mix and match with a different colored band to compliment both top and bottom fabrics.  I purchased my bodice fabric, a knit, from Joann's.  I had the skirt fabric in my stash from last year.


Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley

2 comments:

  1. Ah Shirley! I love these!! They look absolutely fantastic on you! I"m so glad you tried SUAT patterns. That blue one is my favorite :D Although I love the elephant one too! You are ready for summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristin! I wanted to do a blue band on the maxi, but I ended up not having enough fabric. I need more fabric I guess LOL.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!