Saturday, April 16, 2016

Maxi Skirt with Scarf-collar Top

Jalie 2921
Size T
Alterations: 1/2 inch swayback
Fabric:  Teal blue jersey knit

New Look 6288
Size 12
Alterations:  Shortened by 3 inches
Fabric:  Teal Blue Multi Chevron Jersey Knit


This outfit is so quick and easy that I made it all in the same day!
I should have been making these scarf-collar tops all along for myself.  I have made a few for my girls and just love seeing them wear it.  I never realized how much I would enjoy wearing one myself.  The blouse has the comfort and feel of a t-shirt but dressier due to the scarf piece. 




I like how slim-fitting this knit maxi skirt is (version A).  There are only 2 pattern pieces--the skirt, which is cut on the fold for both front and back, and the waistband.  There is also elastic in the waistband.



This outfit cost me less than $14 to make!  I still have enough fabric left over to probably squeeze another blouse and skirt out of it for one of my girls.

Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley










12 comments:

  1. Cute! Both pieces are great! I love a knit maxi skirt and you can't beat how quick they are to sew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liza Jane! Knit maxis are great! I cannot believe I have waited this long to even sew one up. I just thought I was too short to wear them.

      Delete
  2. I love love love this outfit Shirley!! The teal top goes so well with the skirt. And guess what? I don't have that skirt pattern... but now I need to get it!! It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin! I just bought the skirt pattern at Hancock's. They have them marked down 50%, so I thought I would grab any I liked. They had so few left and I reluctantly picked this one up. I was thinking, that is so basic I could just draft it! ha ha I'm so glad I bought it because it fits perfectly and drafting a pattern from scratch takes so much longer.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Ariane! I just took a look at your quilts--WOW--you are so talented!

      Delete
  4. The whole outfit looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I'm so happy with this outfit. I haven't worn much teal and definitely no chevron fabrics. So, I wasn't sure how this would all come together.

      Delete
  5. Love that teal colour. Looks great with the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam! I bought these fabrics online, so I wasn't sure what I was in for or how well the match would be. I actually thought I was matching a different fabric and was so disappointed that I couldn't make my outfit until I saw this other fabric in my stash! All the more reason to have lots of fabric, right? LOL

      Delete
  6. I love your style and fabric choice. I think it's perfect job. Thank you for sharing :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And thank you for stopping by my blog. This style is all new to me and I'm having fun trying out something different!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!