Saturday, August 27, 2016

Jalie Cocoon Cardigan

 I made myself a cardigan at last!  I made it previously for one of my girls here.





This is very easy to make and I sewed the entire cardigan on my serger.  The most time consuming part was attaching the band all the way around.  I used clips every couple of inches and they worked well to hold everything together.  I find I prefer using clips to pins.  My husband and kids no longer complain about getting stuck by a pin in my sewing area carpet.  I'm not the most careful seamstress with placing my pins back on the magnet dish.  


I imagine my sleeves could be shortened a little, but I'm okay with them being long.  I like a sleeve to come down over my hands actually.


I bought this knit at Joann's.  I fell in love with it immediately, but didn't buy it right away because it was super light weight and somewhat sheer.  Then I got to thinking how it would make the perfect cardigan--something to remember with those beautiful sheer knits that would otherwise not make a modest blouse.  When I returned to the store, they only had 1 and 5/8 yards on the bolt!  Thankfully, it was enough to make this cardigan in a size T for me.


I also made a plain white t-shirt to wear underneath it using Sewaholic's Renfrew pattern in a size 6.  I didn't want anything to compete with the busy print of my knit cardigan.  I also like wearing white shirts with jeans.  Most times I like just plain and simple.  

The t-shirt and cardigan took me about 3 hours total to make.  A small investment of time to have something new to wear with a pair of store bought jeans.

Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley

6 comments:

  1. Lovely! I bought that pattern last winter and haven't touched it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faye! I had this pattern a long time before using too. I actually have several Jalie patterns I haven't sewn up. Once I get to them though, I always wonder what took me so long! LOL

      Delete
  2. I have two Jalie patterns I haven't sewn up yet. Nothing beats white with blue jeans! A lovely cardigan, Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! I really like Jalie patterns. I have several now since they are a good investment for me and my girls. Most times they work perfectly. So far I have only one that didn't work for me, but that's not bad considering all the others are great!

      Delete
  3. I looooove it! It looks comfortable and cute. I would like to make a light jacket for protecting from the sun. I always love your pattern choice:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eli cat! What a great idea for this as a light jacket for sun protection. These really thin knits are feather light, so that would be perfect!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!