Thursday, September 22, 2016

Ottobre Tunic, Mini Skirt, & Leggings

Ottobre 5/2016

#8, Drapefront Top, Size 38
#7, Mini skirt, Size 36
#9, Leggings, Size 36


This was such a fun and easy outfit to make.  All three patterns utilize very few pieces and sew up quickly.

I had to remove quite a bit of length in the tunic so it wouldn't be a dress on me.  But, yay me, I can also make this as a dress one day--ha!  I removed 4 inches on my tunic length, but after made, I had to remove an additional 2 inches.  It was too long, covering my not-so-mini skirt on me...something else I had to shorten after the fact.  I also found the sleeves to be rather long, so I cut 2 inches off there as well.  I did my normal 1/2 inch sway back adjustment.


I love how the CF, CB, and shoulder seams are sewn wrong sides together with a rolled hem. At the hemline, a rolled hem is also sewn.  I opted for black thread to tie into my skirt color, giving a nice contrast to my top too so those threads would really stand out.


I love the neckline on this.  When stabilizing the shoulder areas on the back pieces, make sure whatever you use doesn't exceed the width of your rolled hem.  I cut too wide a strip of interfacing and it was visible on the inside, so I had to work at peeling it off my fabric.


CB seam is a nice little detail.


Love, love, love these leggings.  You just wouldn't think that legging patterns would be so different from pattern to pattern.  These are the first that truly fit me well.  I had to shorten them by 3 inches.


Here you can see the front detail of the skirt a little better.  The skirt fronts overlap.  This is intended to be a mini and I forgot that mini patterns are usually down to my knees.  Normally this is great when I don't want a mini.  However, since I'm wearing leggings and flats, mini is a better look for me since my legs are kind of short.  My skirt material is a nice heavy weight knit.  Top of skirt is folded over, encasing elastic.

I'm sure that this is going to be one of my favorite outfits to wear this fall and winter!  

Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley


6 comments:

  1. These are very cute outfits! I especially love the drapefront top. It looks comfortable and lovely. I would like to make same one:)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eli cat! I want to make another top in a thinner knit that is not quite as stable as the one I used. I already bought more fabric for another skirt, but in a solid gray.

      Delete
  2. Love the entire outfit, Shirley!!! Looks fabulous on you. The black stitching works so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! I'm being pulled toward gray and black clothing this year. I've bought a few yards of fabric here and there and I've realized all the same colors! LOL

      Delete
  3. Your whole outfit is so cute! I love the black contrasting stitching on your top, it ties the whole ensemble together perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!